This blog post is regarding what I did during the week 7 of my GSoC internship. Due to unexpected emergencies, I could not access my laptop during the past few days because of which I could not send the update for the week on time.
I got some errors while integrating, such as :
bin/monkey: symbol lookup error: <path to monkey source code> /plugins/cache/monkey-cache.so: undefined symbol: je_malloc
I had to enable the –malloc-libc to get it fixed. But with no result. I used PLUGIN_TRACE to find out location of errors. I then tried to play around with the header files in the dependencies folder by including them in the necessary files this seemed to workout for me !
The next issue that I faced was that of a segmentation fault. I again used PLUGIN_TRACE to debug and find out the location and it turned out that it was being caused due to a null point exception.
These were a few among a list of other errors that I got.
I then did a basic integration of the caching plugin with the server – just an extra feature to look up files from the cache. I tried testing the performance of the server with and without the caching plugin, with the help of weighttp (a lightweight web server performance benchmarking tool) and found that I have done some grave error because of which the performance of the server deteriorates even more, when I run the server with the caching plugin (which is not supposed to happen !). I am looking into it right now.
Parallely I also tried out some basic tutorials for creation of GUI using Twitter bootstrap and Angular JS. This was the easiest part. But since as of now, the caching plugin is not yet ready, I will be concentrating on it till I get it fixed.
I hope to get it ready and working soon !
Link to code repo : https://github.com/tssavita/cache-plugin-implementation