After a busy first half of the fourth week (I had exam and assignment submissions) I started testing the code that I have written for memory leaks and other discrepancies that may have cropped in while I wrote it. I used valgrind a memory leak detecting tool to correct a few errors and also manually tried to find if there exists any errors. Testing is a continuous process and am still continuously doing it.
I also made sure that the files get unmapped after their usage is over. Since the hash table is not going to be persisted, the files in the cache should also be deleted, once the hash table gets deleted and hence the need of unmapping of the mapped files.
Roadmap for the next week :
- To include a configuration file for the cache plugin.
- To start integrating cache with the server.
Git hub repo : https://github.com/tssavita/cache-plugin-implementation